Saturday, March 25, 2006

 

Manual Labor


Sometimes delegating does not work. Depending on others, at least in this house, leaves me waiting and waiting. Promises to do something usually end up with nothing being done. A case in point, my husband has been painting the house for the last 17 years, he still has not gotten to the North side. The normal response for when he is asked about something is “I’ll do it.” I have learned not to hold my breath.

The street was recently repaved in November and all the town did was just throw some topsoil behind the curb. It looked terrible so rather than waiting for my husband (or the town), I decided to take action. I pulled out the shovel and rake and managed to get some help from the boys. The boys were great with the wheelbarrow. The extra top soil is being used to fill in the area of the mini lake that develops when snow melts.

So after all this physical labor, it was time to be kind to myself. I treated myself to a soothing Honey and Milk foot soak.

Honey and milk foot soak

Milk and Honey Foot Soak

Ingredients:

o 3 Tablespoons honey

o 1 Cup whole milk

o 6 Drops of sweet almond oil

Fill Footbath with hot water. Add honey and mix. Add milk and almond oil. Soak feet for fifteen minutes. Pat dry.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?