Thursday, February 08, 2007

 

The Dead Zone


The service provider for our cell phone service offers a new phone every two years. They actually give you a dollar amount that is deducted from the cost of the phone.

Here is my new phone.
my cell phone

Learning where the features that I use are is a bit annoying as each phone is different. I have been on autopilot as far as using my old phone goes. Retraining myself is the pits.

It has tons of bells and whistles that were not on my old phone and I will never use them. For one month the company has given me extended service where I can pay more money to acquire things live video, games and music. That would be fine if I had tons of time on my hands, but I cannot see myself watching a video other than on a bigger screen. The music, well I might put the 1812 Overture on to drown out the rap music that someone is playing on their cell phone while in the store.

I just want a simple non-offense cell phone. The camera on the phone is a plus, for when my batteries in my Olympus die and I do not have spares. Contact list, voice dialing, silent vibrate and speaker phone are my needs. I do not need annoying songs to let me know that someone is calling me, a simple ring tone will suffice.

We live in the DEAD ZONE. Service sucks where we live even though we are surrounded by towers. We live right in the middle and I only get one bar, two if it is cloudy. Sometimes I have to go outside and walk down the street to get reception. I had hoped that this would have improved with a new phone, to my dismay it did not. So this extended service does not work at my home. We'll see if I get a chance to play with it before I cancel the extended service in three weeks.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?