Thursday, February 15, 2007

 

Cold Season


Getting out of the pool, I make sure I am dry before going out into the freezing cold air. The night amplifies the sound of the squeaks and crunches of the snow, as I make my quick trip across it. I am dressed warmly and the cold does not have enough time to give me a chill.

There are things that are precious to us, or are little luxuries. Then there are the things that are the necessities. Helping me though this winter have been my wool socks. This is the first year that I have needed the extra warmth and comfort of wool. It was pleasing to find that today's wool socks are not the bulky ungly things that I remember from my younger days.

wool socks

It is even nicer that the socks have a feminine touch. My guys will not be snagging my socks. It would be nice if I could knit my own socks, however I was not blessed with the talent or patience like my friend at Bald Sheep.

Comments:
Now if I could just manage to knit myself something out of that wool I may not mind the cold quite so much.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?