Sunday, February 18, 2007

 

Budgetary Contraints


As previously posted, the dollar only goes so far. I thought we were finally getting our head above water. With upcoming expenses and just so much income, it appears that hard choices need to be made. I also need to get more creative so harder choices do not have to be made..

My day trip to NYC, cancelled. (I so needed this for my mental health.) I have not figured out what will replace it. I do need something to look forward to.
My hair cuts are already spaced a bit too long. But I'll talk to my hairdresser and ask for suggestions, but I may have to let my hair grow long. Ugh!
The clothing I have does not fit me. I need new clothing for Summer. Planning my wardrobe is key in order to stretch both the wardrobe and the money.
The cars need to be maintained. This is not cheap. But I do not think we are ready to go down to one car yet. My car is only has 87K and is probably good for another 10 years. The good news is that I can get new tires from the funds coming from Connecticut's Unclaimed Property Division.
The house needs some attention also. so things need to be replaced, like the vacuum cleaner, and minor repairs, updates need to be made.
Cutting medical costs. Not doable. But this seems to be the source of much of the drain on our budget. Insurance costs have gone up close to $300 per month in the last two years. What I could do with $300! Also I am now on various medications. Thankfully that's only about $100 per month. When totaled that makes increase in medical costs really is more like $400 per month.

Much needs to be done. Having a plan will reduce stress and hopefully not change our quality of life too much. Maintaining a positive outlook is difficult, but nessesary.

Let this be a word of caution to those looking toward retirement, your expenses will skyrocket beyond your imagination and there is not too much you can to about it. So plan with this in mind.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?