Monday, January 08, 2007

 

Stress Management


Part of managing my diabetes includes stress management. Today's class was enlightening. I was not aware of the impact that stress has one someone that has diabetes.There are the typical physiologic changes such as increased heart rate and blood pressure, faster breathing, muscle tension, but I did not know that it included increased blood sugar.

It was fitting that stress management came into my life now, since I feel besieged from several directions at once. The trigger for my current stress is the Graduation party this Saturday. Things were cast aside, not as important before this party came to be, have come to the forefront.

Now to deal with it. It is obvious that everything will not be resovled by the time of the party, but working toward to solution is a good first step.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?