Saturday, January 06, 2007

 

It was 71 and breezy today. Great day for cleaning windows and bleaching the bathroom. The windows are still open. The cats enjoyed the open windows. It was a great day to get stinky house work done. Dang, I should have cleaned the oven. Oh well. I'm not cooking for the party.

After the housework, dinner at my step-sister's house. The last meal I had that she cooked, I was ten. It was cabbage soup. I hated cabbage. So I tried to get rid of the taste by drinking some water. It was city water, there was a funny taste to that. I was accustomed to spring water. Now I had two horrible tastes in my mouth. Thinking back I really wasn't that polite.

This evening's meal was fabulous. She went overboard with the cooking though. Appetizers were in the living room when we arrived. For dinner: Chicken, pork, cucumbers, green beans,rice mashed potatoes. There were four desserts: apple cake, carrot cake, Polish cookies and a bar cake. There was enough food to feed a small army.

I made sure that I complimented her on dinner, several times in fact. It was a great end to a busy day.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?