Sunday, November 19, 2006

 

Wishful Thinking


Thinking ahead my middle son viewed the Sunday flyers and pointed out his desires and said, “Christmas.” The phone rang, he ran to answer and uttered, “Merry Christmas.” Later he looked out the window and saw the clouds and said, “Clouds. Snow
”. I freaked a bit then realized that yes, they did look like snow clouds, but thankfully our temps were in the 40’s. I informed him that it was not cold enough for snow, yet.

To see his childlike joy and anticipation brings joy to my life. But this will continue until Christmas and I will get a bit weary of explaining when Christmas is. Now if he could only understand the calendar, it would help in letting him know how far off Christmas really is. I reminded him of Thanksgiving and we are going to have turkey at Aunt Sue’s. He then said, “Taco Bell.”
I replied, “Yes your, brother is coming home for Thanksgiving and will take you to Taco Bell.”

It is good to think to the future and have things to look forward to and to work toward. Wishes can become reality.

Comments:
He knows a lot that he cannot articulate. His associations say so much about how warm and nurturing his family is. Nice.
 
I think it's awesome too! If I put aside my icky job I just love the holiday season! He's got it so right, more people need to be like him!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?