Thursday, November 09, 2006

 

thoughts


The wake was interesting, a buzz with conversation. Seeing people I have not seen in years. My boys dressed in suits, looked so handsome. Thoughts going through my head, ranged from thinking about his life to thinking about mine. All arrangements were made with peace and agreement. The funeral home even surprised us with putting up a Polish flag.

wake

The day of the funeral was damp from the light rain. With lights flashing, a police car lead the procession. My eldest and youngest were pallbearers. My attention was focused on my middle son. The first time he spoke was in church. I recalled the irony of trying to get him to speak only to tell him that he needed to be quiet. Now, he had questions during Mass. It had been years since I had been in that church, not much had changed.

Things do not end with the funeral. The estate needs to be settled. My middle son is crying, trying to understand or is it that he understands?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?