Saturday, November 11, 2006

 

Testing One, Two, Three


Getting stuck by a needle is not one of my favorite things. When it came time to learn how to test my blood sugar, I was a wimp. The good news was the diabetic instructor selected me to go first. At least I did not have to spend the time anxiously waiting for my turn. The moment came for the dreaded finger prick. I cringed and placed the pen like torture device against the side of my middle finger on my left hand and pressed. I was quite surprised that it did not really hurt, it was just a light stick. The result of my test was good.

They also did what is called an A1c test. It checks what your average has been for the past two or three months. That is still a bit high, but it has come down close to where it should be since I was diagnosed.

Hopefully soon it will become easy routine.

Comments:
Oh Girl, I wish I could be there to hold you hand! (((hugs)))
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?