Tuesday, November 28, 2006

 

Proactive vs. Reactive


During my reading for my self-constructed class, Diabetes 101, I came across an interesting concept. It suggested an experiment on that testing be done first thing in the morning, then one hour and two hours after a meal. Testing results and what was consumed should be recorded. This way it could be noted how my body reacts to different foods.

This makes sense to me. Instead of just winging it, it appears to be a more consise way to determine what I should eat and what should be avoided. Testing after exercising would also be helpful and help me construct a better dietary management plan. Testing has become easier, so I do not mind checking my levels so often for a while.

There also appears to be some scams out there. It it suprising that there are people who think nothing of offering false hope and stealing money. Sorting fact from fiction is difficult for many. With so many hoaxes out there and political profiteers I am skeptical about many claims and standards of practice.

When people freely offer what has worked for them, I am much more likely to give it a go.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?