Sunday, October 15, 2006

 

A year ago today...


... I started Bespeak. My goal was to vent, share pictures that I have taken and just get some thoughts out.

Writing is a labor for me. The written word can have consequences or be ineffective. Crafting a letter can take hours. It is a painstaking process that is well worth the effort, if you achieve your objective.

Sharing pictures is a way that I show what I see. Fortunately most times the camera can capture that. There are times, I cannot get my camera to produce the desired results. My camera is always with me, tucked into my purse, waiting for the next photo op. Sometimes I am self-conscious about bringing out my camera. Usually I overcome that and may have to deal with others who are self-conscious or embarrassed by my doing so.

My thoughts drift from events, annoyances and personal experiences. Bespeak has been a diary of sorts. I sift though the clutter of thoughts within my brain. Like a sponge, I absorb what is around me.

Comments:
Happy Anniversary!!!!
 
Congrats on keeping it going! So many give up when it becomes difficult. And at times, it really is difficult.
I share your love and at the same time concern for picture taking. Someday someone will rip the camera from my hands and bash it over my head. But, I challenge those who say photographs are invasive. Words are far more invasive and we permit them. What happens in public spaces deserves to be recorded, mulled over, pondered.
So, keep at it! It's always a pleasure to check in on your posts.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?