Wednesday, October 11, 2006

 

Promises Kept


Offering to do something, you should deliver. I did, but it was not in a timely fashion. Some of it had to do with the lack of opportunity.



Sometimes you have to make the opportunity. While I tend to honor promises to others, it is more challenging for me to honor promises to myself. “Mommy Martyr”? Yes, I am more giving to others, forgetting my needs, and should be better at honoring commitments to myself. Now that I am a diabetic and the children are grown, putting me first is a priority. Those changes are proving difficult for my family to take, which makes it even harder for me to implement changes I need to make.



Going down a new road is fraught with trepidation. It is not the comfortable norm. It is so easy to slip back into what is familiar. But if you do not take care it will be like the red sandstone, overtime it erodes. For my sake,now I cannot let things erode. I must take care.

Comments:
You package came the day I left so it was sitting here lonely and stared at for three days! THANK YOU!!!! It was so worth the wait. I had actually kind of forgotten about it LOL. Still, way cool girlfriend! Thank you so much.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?