Sunday, October 01, 2006

 

Green Mountains


White Mountains

Taking a drive, sometimes it pays to go out of your way to see something. I got a bit concerned when Route 65 was no longer a paved road, yet I continued. My son kept his thoughts to himself, but I could tell that he thought this was a folly. Soon we rounded a corner and we found what we were looking for.

Brookfield sign

Auto crossing
We watched for a while as cars, trucks and motorcycles cross the bridge. It was a sight that I still have trouble comprehending. I was not brave enough to take the car across. Call me chicken, but it was my husband’s car and in some spots the water was about five inches deep and it was slippery. The motorcycles had to be careful when crossing.

A brave soul
Motorcycle crossing

Seeing this helped my son open up. We started talking more and connecting.

Comments:
how wild is that? I've never seen anything like it before. neat
 
Always take the backroad if you can.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?