Friday, October 13, 2006

 

Friday the 13th


It is just another day. Coming just before Halloween, conjures up spooky images; black cats, scary jack-o-lanterns. Luck, good or bad, is there really such a thing? Is luck just really how we act or react?

abu
Abu, my black cat.

My brother commended me on not being in denial about having type 2 diabetes. How could I. Both my mother and grandmother had it. I knew the day was coming. I am not angry, it is just how my family’s genes developed and my past habits influenced what is currently happening in my body.

In addressing diabetes, I found a note and have taken on the following as my motto:

It is I who in reality make the important choices that affect my health and well being, and indeed it is I who is in control and experiences the consequences (both positive and negative) of my choices.

You can let things happen to you or you can make things happen. It is your choice.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?