Sunday, October 08, 2006

 

Cornucopia Fest


The Cornucopia Fest at UCONN’s College of Agriculture and Natural Resources offered a little of something for everyone.

Rural UCONN
New view
The white dome to the right is Gampel Pavilion, where the Huskies play.

My main interest was checking out my soil and finding more out about creating low-maintenance sustainable landscapes. I did pick up some information and had the ph of my garden tested. The results are the ph is fine and the soil is nice and rich.
“How was your garden this year?”
“It’s been better. I still have one zucchini to harvest.”

As I continued on, I was asked if I wanted to pet a chicken.
“No, thank you.”

It was time to checkout the other things like the Floriculture Greenhouse Gardens and the livestock on Campus.

buzzzy bee

foal affection

Beautiful Autumn day
horse

Holstein
cow



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?