Monday, September 11, 2006

 

Five Years Ago


It was a beautiful September morning, much like today.

9-11-06

The boys were in school, my husband at work. I was at home, the Today Show was on for background noise. It was announced that they believed a plane had hit the North Tower of World Trade Center. Cameras were focused on the buildings, smoke was billowing out. When major news events happen I would call my husband to notify him. As I was speaking to him, my eyes were trained on the television when the second plane hit the South Tower. The horrors continued throughout the morning: the Pentagon and Flight 93 in Pennsylvania. I was so stunned that I could not believe or even begin to comprehend what was happening. My heart sank as I watched the Twin Towers collapse.

That day affected all of us and changed the world as we knew it.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?