Tuesday, September 19, 2006

 

Birthdays - When I’m 84


Being 50, I look at what Tata, my step-father, is like at 84 and wonder, What will I be like when I am in my eighties? He is in a slow decline. His short term memory is failing him. He never spoke much to me after an incident when I was 12, but now is a chatterbox. I do not mind since I do not live with him, however he is annoying my brother.

Recently it was confirmed that Tata will need to be supervised more closely. Apparently he was cold and turned on two burners on the stove. Thankfully nothing was on the stove. I asked me brother if he needed some help with Tata. For now he said no, I will ask again because I understand how difficult being a caretaker is.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?