Thursday, August 03, 2006

 

Heat wave


It’s the eighth day of temperatures above 90 degrees. The last three have hovered closer to 100. After hiding inside from the heat, today I ventured out. Another mom and I took three kids to Lake Compounce.

Sweat mixed with sunscreen dripped off our bodies. Thankfully drinks were included with the admission. I felt bad for the staff, there were stuck at their stations in this sweltering heat. We could at least find some relief in the shade and at the water attractions.

We only managed to get in a few rides when the youngest in our group had a seizure and left the park by ambulance with his mom. Beaten by the heat, we decided that we should leave also. So I drove his brother home and once again retreated into the air conditioning.

Comments:
I hope he is okay. It's now 64 degrees and was only 77 today. I have to say I. thought. I. was. going. to. melt. tuesday! Holy sh*t it was unbelievable, heat index was 109. I hope that this relief will hit you very very soon! (((hug)))
 
Yes he is okay.

Melt? I thought I was melting. Oh nevermind that was just sweat pouring off me. LOL
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?