Thursday, August 31, 2006

 

A Day at the Beach


Awaking to some light rain, I wondered if the beach was a good choice. Resistance about going came from my husband. Finally, he relented.

my favorite beach

By the time we arrived at the beach there was only a light cloud cover which promised to break up soon. This did not stop my middle child from enjoying the 70 degree water.

in the water

My husband enjoyed watching the boats and the men fishing from the rocks. It made him think about bringing out his fishing gear.

fishing on the rocks

Fishing boat
Going out fishing

ferry boat
Ferry boat

Then it was time for lunch.

Lobster dinner
Enjoying Lobster

Lobster salad
My Lobster Salad

After lunch the sun finally arrived.


sunny and breezy
Sunny and breezy

first catch
S's first catch. (Don't worry, the hermit crab was released unharmed.)

As for me, the beach is the only time I tolerate being out in the sun. The ocean breezes, salt air, and the rhythmic sound of the waves soothe my soul and remove my stress.

want to share?
Share with me?

Comments:
*SIGH* I remember that..... I wish I had been there with you again.
 
I wish you had too.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?