Sunday, July 16, 2006

 

We are having a Heat Wave

Currently it is 92°, and tomorrow they say it will be hotter. I have been looking at my garden from the comfort of my kitchen window. I did sneak out to grab a few pictures of what is being productive right now.

We have the promise of some tomatoes and peppers. Already there has been one zucchini; I am sure many more will follow.

tomatoes and peppers

The flowers that are blooming give me much joy. I like the lighter colored Day Lily.

Day Lillies

The Stella D’Oro produces many blooms thought the growing season, but I like the Happy Returns variety better. It is nice when the perennials give repeat blooms.

Stella Doro

I need to go out and weed the garden, perhaps after a dip in the pool. My garden plans have not progressed much. I am thinking of just putting perennials along that fence, herb garden near my back door and finding a new location for my vegetable garden.



This heat gives me time to ponder my options.

Comments:
Ohh beautiful!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?