Tuesday, July 25, 2006

 

Visiting and Returning Home


The first time visiting your child is a strange experience. Now I am the guest. It is their home, their rules. The rules were not an issue, I am not accustomed to being a guest.

Friday night, I offered to take my boys out to dinner. My eldest suggested that we go to a grocery store. What!? A grocery store? I relented and off we went. The offerings were immense. The boys chose to get grinders (subs) I selected a wonderful crab cake with a pear parmesan salad. I enjoyed every bite. I returned to the store before the trip home to secure a crab cake for my husband, Crab is much sweeter than lobster.

Short visits are good. You do not over stay your welcome. The return trip was a pleasure compared to our trip down. At a Garden State Parkway rest stop a young lady from Maine spoke of trees being down on the roadway on the Merritt Parkway after Tuesday’s storms. Yes, my plans were to avoid I-95 in Connecticut. The traffic was a bit heavy approaching the Tappan Zee Bridge, and they were still cleaning up downed trees from the tornado on the Tarrytown side. The Merritt was clear of trees and heavy traffic. Once again I am back in my beloved Connecticut River Valley.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?