Thursday, July 27, 2006

 

Visions and Reality?


Last week I was pleased with losing five pounds. This week I have been plagued by the visions in the pictures that were taken in Philadelphia. When I have looked in the mirror at home, I did not see what I saw in those pictures. What I saw in the pictures upset me. Perhaps this is why I dislike being photographed. I am the one always holding the camera.

Today I received two more positive comments, one from a lady at a local store I frequent, the other from my youngest. He said “Mom, you are getting thinner.” The comment from my son warmed my heart. Guys usually do not notice things like that.

It is difficult to erase my feelings, after seeing the photographs of myself, but I must. The road I have chosen is working. To get discouraged, wallow in self-pity and give up would not help me in achieving my goal.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?