Saturday, July 08, 2006

 

Road Rash


Out for some me time, my cell phone interrupts.
Hello
Where are you?

Not a moment’s peace, I am hunted down and told I have to pick up our youngest.
He fell off his bike.

My mind races. Is he okay? How bad is he hurt? He must be okay, he called.

We take the bike to the shop then call the doctor. At the office, the Doctor compliments him on his first aid skills. Road rash is treated the same way burns are. I have to change the dressings on his arm and leg twice a day.

Apparently my first aid skills suck… it takes me an hour to change his dressings. Some of the time it takes is do to his pain, he has to take a breather. He goes back to the Doctor on Monday to find out how long he has to stay out of the water. For now his life guarding is out.


Comments:
I hope he heals quickly! Feel better young'un!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?