Friday, July 21, 2006

 

The ride down


Thankfully, I had a good navigator and great directions from the internet. The drive down I-95 is intense as always. The Northbound lanes did not look too promising for the ride back so I have planned an alternate route.

The sun was shining when we left. We filled up the tank and our stomachs with the usual fare of coffee for me and hot chocolate for my youngest. He is quite a good navigator, helping me stay on track. The was only one time that I doubted the directions, coming off the Garden State Parkway and getting back onto I-95S. Signs, you would at least think that they would have signs telling you that you indeed are on what you are on. After a mile or two there was some signage. Phew!

We did hit two torrential downpours with a great light show. One storm even provided us with hail to watch as it bounced of the hood of the car. All this while trying to merge the truck lanes and cars only lanes.

My nerves were a bit ruffled. We took a break even though it was still hot and humid. Without breaks the trip only took about 4 hours. We arrived with about a half hour before my son's girl friend had to leave for work. It was nice to wind down from the drive in central air.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?