Saturday, July 15, 2006

 

It's time has passed…


When I heard this phrase it brought to mind things that have gone by the wayside. Rotary phones have been replaced by more useful digital phones. Music has gone from vinyl to digital format.

Some of these changes are for the better. For example I can see jump drives that carry music being used in cars, just plug in and play using voice recognition to control your selection and volume.

But with farms, has their time passed? I certainly hope not, we still need to eat. However as farmers age, selling to developers is a sure way to secure funding for retirement. The farm land is lost forever. I still have difficulty accepting the loss of farm land.

Where I went to pick strawberries, they are reducing the area. Blueberries too will soon be a thing of the past.

Some changes are not always for the better.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?