Sunday, July 02, 2006

 

Fireworks


Looking out my kitchen window, I see sparks shooting upward toward the sky. The boys and I venture out to see the fireworks display from our next door neighbor's fence.

We watch the glorious display being put on at the college. Behind us we hear the Riverfront display, we turn and can just see tiny bits of it through the trees above another neighbor's roof. The mosquitoes are not too bad, we only get a bite or two.

My middle son has an aversion to loud noises so as a family we have kept our distance when watching fireworks. It is not the same as being up close, the delay between the speeds of light and sound, the lack of the feeling the percussion of the booms.

Yet we watch and still say ooooo and ahhhhhhhhh!

Comments:
Madison's fireworks got rained out yesterday and today we had tickets to a show and so my visiting daughters could not go to the rescheduled big-time event. But when we were driving home, we noted the display in the distance. I let them out of the car and they ooh-ed and ahh-ed from afar. It was, well, magical. I can't believe it would have been better up close.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?