Friday, June 02, 2006

 

Thyme for change


It is time for the yard to change. A smaller garden seems to be the route to go. There have been other changes; the neighbor removed his hedge so the back of our yard now has a hideous stockade type fence. It is not the view that I would like. Our vegetable garden is temporarily being downsized as we go through this transition.

dutch iris

The neighbor to our side has a slight retaining wall made of stone. I am thinking of continuing this and planting perennials in that raised bed. Peonies, daylilies, or perhaps a small herb garden.

garden work

Since the pool may be going in a few years, I have not completed my vision of what I would like out there. Maybe I will have a better idea once the stone wall is finished and the garden is removed.

Comments:
Your iris are gorgeous! I can't wait to see what it looks like when your done!
 
Thanks. The irises came from my MIL.

About not being able to wait to see what it looks like when done... same here. Since I am still not too sure what direction we will go. LOL
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?