Friday, June 23, 2006

 

Hot, Hazy and Hopeful

The sun is up and the temperature rising as we drive to the berry field. Thankfully we travel in the opposite direction of the morning rush hour. Oh I said we; my youngest agreed to help pick. He had to be at work for 11am, picking time was limited.

We arrive at the field and are greeted by this sight.

Strawberries
Since first picking was done, picking went a bit slow. The berries were small but full of juicy flavor. My back held out long enough to get 4 ½ lbs. My son went on to pick for another variety for 30 minutes.

out picking

We ended up with this in a little over an hour:
Picked berries

Comments:
oooohhhh yummy!!!! That was really nice of him to go and help, I still think he's a great kid!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?