Sunday, June 11, 2006

 

Going for Gold


Ye gad! I overslept, it is 8 am. His event begins at 9 am 40 miles away in New Haven. Approaching the Dunkin donuts for coffee, the line snakes through the parking lot. Forget that, off to another drive thru for lesser coffee, but coffee none the less. My car seems to have wings as I drive down the Merritt Parkway. Usually I take note of other things as I drive, but this time I was focused on the road.

Thankfully the parking lot is not full yet and I take one of the few remaining spots.
"Did I miss it?" Am I too late?"
They are all still seated, waiting to be called to the staging area. I get updates from my youngest who is a coach this year. Including the coaches pizza eating contest, which he won and is still suffering from.

In the lead
in the lead

How did I do?



Getting the GOLD

GOLD

Now time for his massage and some games. Then to pack and go home.

games

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?