Friday, June 09, 2006

 

Fever


Fevers generally warn of an infection gone wrong. Going to Promptcare, I discovered that things are not so prompt. The expressions of the people waiting to be seen were that of bored, tired and in pain. The staff though friendly, seemed to be moving at the tortoise pace. I was informed that this first stage of treatment would take about an hour.
She was correct, it took over an hour just to get triaged. Blood pressure 124/80, O2 sats were 100, temperature 101. Back to the waiting area, where an obnoxious game show was blaring on the television. Thankfully the show ended a few minutes later.

Bacteria is a lot like some cheese. There is a distinctive odor, definately not a pleasant one. Uncomfortable wearing the johnny and now smelling foul, the doctor enters. He has a kind face and quickly puts me at ease.

The level of care was excellent:explainations of the procedures, administration of locals before lancing to minimize pain and cultures taken. I checked in at 7:40 and left at 11, but the wait was frustrating.

Comments:
Oh dear, I hope you feel better now! Sounds like a painful experience, both physically and mentally. You should have taken some crocheting with you LOL. (((hugs)))
 
Kat,
If I thought I could focus, I would have brought something with me. I was very cranky.
My first dressing change was a bit painful. But the percocet worked just fine. :-)
Thanks for the well wishes.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?