Sunday, June 18, 2006

 

Father’s Day


It’s been years, but I still think of my father. A handsome man, who served in the Polish Army and somehow ended up in America. I never did know how my mother and he met.
What I do know is that they were in love and my father loved me and my sister.

I do have a few memories of my dad, which is good considering my age when he died. I was just about to turn 4 when he died. The trip to see the bunnies and the doll he gave me at Christmas just after I turned three are just two of my fond memories.

So today’s focus is on fathers, steaks and beer. No ties here, not this year anyway. Then a quick visit with Dziadzu and the godfather, then it is back to the normal Sunday routine.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?