Thursday, June 01, 2006

 

Chives


A few years before my mother died, she gave me some chives in a pot. A few years later, she noticed that the chives were still in the pot.

“What? You haven’t planted the chives?”
“They seem to be doing fine in the pot.” I reply.

My mother gave a disapproving glance my way. I had not decided where to plant them.

When the pot got crowded, some chives were sent off to a dear friend and stuck the remainder back in the pot. Now it has been nine years since my Mom passed away and the chives need to be divided once again.


Chives

The pot has aged to past its prime and is falling apart. Still I have not found a spot to plant the chives so they will be set into a new pot and placed by the back door. Each time I use that door I am reminded of my mother when I see the chives.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?