Tuesday, June 27, 2006

 

Back to the water

After a year of Water Walking two nights a week, I am stepping things up with Aqua Aerobics for an additional two nights.

Last night’s Water Walking class was held in an outdoor pool. Gazing at the ominous clouds going by, we did our workout. A patch of blue was exposed in the break of lower dark clouds. It is nice to find peace while working out. I like the Water Walking best because it is a no impact from of exercise and is kind to my knee.

My right knee was injured years ago on a ski slope in New Hampshire. The temperatures were sub-zero, but we still skied the cold week. On the last run of our honeymoon trip, I was thinking about our trip home, not the snow I was on. I wiped out at the bottom of the mountain right in front of the ski patrol station. I was both in pain and a tad embarrassed. My knee was subjected to the cold ice on my ride home.

The Aqua Aerobics class is held mostly in the shallow end of the pool and has more impact therefore more stress on my knee. Still it is a good workout.

Comments:
You GO GIRL! I'm so very freaking proud of you and all the water "stuff" you have been doing! Inspirational you are!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?