Tuesday, May 16, 2006

 

Retirement Reality


PBS aired tonight the Frontline program “Can You Afford to Retire?” It was an interesting program about what the Baby Boomers are or will be facing. This program discusses one of my greatest fears. The golden years will not be golden, but tarnished.

We are now shifting from lifetime pensions to life timework.
- Theresa Ghilarducci, University of Notre Dame

Middle class boomers will simply not have enough money to meet their basic needs. It is a shame that this is the road that America is on. Poor planning on the part of the Boomers, perhaps in some cases, but let’s face it the rules have changed. There has been little education on planning for retirement. Already I have seen more retirees working. Will this be me in a few years? It is likely.

Look to the future and you will see many poor little old ladies.

Comments:
Just like the one living with me now. It's a shame. I hope that it's a lesson I'm embedding in my brain because I don't want to have to sell my place and shake up with one of my kids.
 
shack even jeesh
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?