Friday, May 12, 2006

 

Rain, Rain….


Today we received the amount of rain that normally falls in the entire month of May. I brought my transplants in so they would not drown.

Rivers and streams are swollen, currents running fast. Down at the Connecticut River, crew teams were out. I can only imagine the strength that it took to go upstream. When I saw them they were heading downstream at such a rapid pace that I did not have time to park and get out my camera.

It has been rainy and dreary all week, though I do believe I caught a brief glimpse of the sun yesterday. On the upside we have not had to water the grass seed and it appears that our backyard lake is now gone. The true test will be at the end of next winter, the lack of what I call mud season.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?