Monday, May 08, 2006

 

Perception!


Reaching the end of a project, instead of being joyous and proud of a job well done, I feel drained and spent. For some reason, a major project of compiling papers, balancing numbers, and crafting a letter does not bring me a sense of satisfaction. Shipping it off overnight just brings a sense of relief that it is done. Of course I would not send out something that was done half-assed. I did an excellent job. So why does completion not bring a sense of joy and satisfaction? Perhaps it is because of my distain for dealing with paperwork. Perhaps it is because writing is an arduous process for me.

While working on this project I kept thinking about all the other projects I could be working on like my garden. Now this brings me joy. Seeing the plants in the ground, watching them grow. Papers just get shipped off, shredded or thrown away at some point.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?