Friday, April 21, 2006

 

Flying Low

Driving south through the Pioneer Valley yesterday, I spied a strange sight. There was a very low flying large aircraft. It seemed so out of place and I was concerned especially since the C 5 was flying though a heavily populated area and it was below the hilltops of the valley. As I arrived at my destination in West Springfield, it flew overhead three times.

C 5 Galaxy

After doing a bit of research I found out that Westover Air Reserve Base / Metropolitan Airport is located in Chicopee ( I thought it was located some 15 miles to the WSW.) Another tidbit that I found out is that it is a backup landing site for the Space Shuttle. What a sight that would be!

Comments:
Oh boy would that be a neat site, the shuttle!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?