Monday, April 10, 2006

 

Education?

Do not tell me that something cannot be done, especially when it comes to my children. When backed into a corner like that, I will prove them wrong. IEP’s (Individualized Education Plan) are supposed to be geared for the individual student, not mass produced with goals picked from a list.

Then I reviewed the 10th grade testing scores from last year. Our schools are letting our boys down. Granted the focus has been to improve the performance of girls, but the focus should be on the performance of all students.

Teaching to tests, instead of raising expectations, it seems to me that there is a dumbing down going on.

Also the media does a wonderful job of teaching comsumerism, perhaps the schools should teach fiscal responsibility, living within one's means, and so many young will not end up in debt. But I digress.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?