Saturday, March 18, 2006

 
Maps

“I’m going to get the oil changed.”
“Know where you are going?”
“Yes I looked on Google maps”
“Okay, bye.”

Even with maps on Google, I get a call for directions.
“I cannot find this place”
“Give me a sec, Where are you?”

As I bring up the map, I sense the frustration in his voice. I give him the route numbers and directions from where he is.
He returns home, saying that he could not find the place, so I show him the map.
“That’s where I was when I called you.”
“You told me that you were in Bristol, that’s not Bristol.”
He insinuated that my directions were off. I suggested that his sense of direction was off.

So today I take his car and find the place. I make a point of knowing where I am going and what route will be taken using Google maps. Granted the signage was not what I would have expected, but I did find the place and did not get lost. However I acknowledged that the establishment only had a big Goodyear sign out front, not their name.

“Crap, I drove past that place.”

PI5Send1.Jpg

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?