Friday, March 10, 2006

 
Changes

It feels good not to drive the 650 mile roundtrip to get my precious first born. It made for a very long day. Now I just sit home and await his return for Spring break. Soon this will no longer be his home. My nest is beginning to empty.

The good news is that after spending all those years taking care of my family, I’m beginning to get a life again. This is good because my husband is now semi-retired.

Having the children gone and having more time to spend with my husband is quite a change. You tend to find the things that you were able to let go of, now have become irritating. It’s like a pair of ill fitting shoes; it is fine if you just wear them for a short period of time, but if you wear them all day walking around the city you will end up with blisters.

Changes, adjustments must be made. The old is gone. The new is now and in the present which is what must be dealt with and think of the future.

Where do you want to go? Where do you want to be?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?