Friday, February 24, 2006

 
Rudely Awakened Again

What's up with that? It is said that dreams have meaning. Well yes, it means my sleep is broken; third time this week. This nightmare ended with death.

I was only gone for a few moments, and it was parked and packed. When I returned, my car was gone. After a few inquires, a man points me in a general direction. I continue to walk and see a something that looks some what familiar. Lifting a fully opened sleeping bag, I recognized that the squashed car is mine. It looks like some folks had some fun rolling my car over.


It is strange that in high school I was annoyed with symbolism. In William Golding’s The Lord of the Flies, the conch is just a shell for heavens sake. Perhaps I was too young to understand, but the book was a savage tale and just plain gross to me and I really did not want to discuss it. In this case of my nightmare, my car symbolized my freedom, the ability to come and go as I please.

I was devastated, not only was a good car ruined, but my means of adventure and escape would be curtailed for a while. My mourning for my car ended abruptly when I noticed my favorite feline, Mitzi. In my crushed car, I say her lying there, splayed and motionless, it broke my heart. How could someone be so cruel to hurt an innocent animal?

Then I awoke with a start. I am angry. Not only was it a disturbing dream, but my sleep was interrupted yet again. I had plans to get things done, so being well rested is necessary.

It was not my intention for this to be a dream blog. This was supposed to be about my thoughts about things like Medicare, Part D and an opportunity to share my pictures.

Dare I go back to sleep?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?