Sunday, January 08, 2006

 
Winter Project

I am out of my element, yet forge ahead. When I turned 18 it was a big deal. You were of legal age to drink, vote and you became legally liable for your own actions. Now it is the same except for the drinking part, which is a topic for another day.

Turning 18 for my middle son is something totally different. As far as he can tell, there will be no change. I must apply for legal guardianship. It is not that different from being a parent, except for the attorney fees, probate court, etc. Strange, a family has to pay legal fees to continue to look out for the interests of their child.

As I find out what must be done, list of “To Do’s” is growing. It would be nice if someone could do it for me, alas I must do it myself. Call the school, Department of Mental Retardation. For them it is routine work, not so for me.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?