Friday, January 27, 2006

 
Food memories

Rome, Italy – age 14

Prior to our trip the students were informed not to eat anything that was unfamiliar. I discovered that pizza was better back home than in Rome. Things were going smoothly, the food was good.

Going down for breakfast they had fruit on the table I took an orange cut it open, and it had some red inside. “Don’t eat strange food.” An orange is supposed to be orange, this one has red in it. It’s called an orange, why is it red?

Holding the orange I ask the water, “What is this?”

He replied, “An orange.”


Blood Orange


Today I savored the orange and the memories.

Comments:
I had an "red" orange from Trader Joe's just this week - very tasty.

Check out my blog...
theeverydaywinesnob.blogspot.com

if you like it, tell your friends...
 
Is that a blood orange? I heard they are very good.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?