Wednesday, January 11, 2006

 
Diverted, Delayed, Missed Calls

What a day! First I arrive home to see I missed a call from my precious first born in Key West. He left a message, at 12:43pm, that he has a job interview on Monday in New Jersey. Hmmm… does that mean he’s coming home for a bit this weekend?

Well it’s too late to return his call as he is on his 3 pm flight back from Miami to New York. I’ll call him when he’s had his three hour layover in Newark. I check the flight… wait… he’s in Raleigh/Durham, North Carolina, not Newark. I try calling his cell., leave a message, then off to class I go. I come back, he’s still not in Newark.

I’m thinking,” Boy, I’m glad I’m not on this trip.” Finally his flight arrives in Newark at 9:42pm. His connecting flight to Syracuse was supposed to leave at 8:45pm.

I get a call at about 10:30. His plane needed to refuel, that's why they were diverted. Yes, he is coming home this weekend and we talk about mail received. "Got to go.. gate change, new plane."

Finally he gets to leave Newark just after 11pm and will land in Syracuse after midnight. Classes start tomorrow, he has a 8am. The drive from Syracuse will take him about 3 hours. Two days of classes. Then to RPI in Troy, NY for a swim meet, then home to Connecticut. I think he’ll be a bit tired.

In comparison, my day was pretty tame.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?