Thursday, December 01, 2005

 
Uplifting event

**Warning this post may be TMI. Males also be warned, you may not be able to relate to this post.**

Growing up in the 60’s, protests were common and it was a time for free love. I was positive that bra and girdles (now called bodyshapers or shapewear) were torture devices made by men. I could understand why bra burnings occurred, though I never participated.

As a result, I never thought of having breast implants… having less means freedom. Flat is better, though I didn’t think “Twiggy” was an attractive role model. Thankfully, I have just enough. There are times when one must wear supportive undergarments. I would rebel as soon as I got home, taking my bra off, even before my shoes were removed.

My back is getting stronger and I have been exercising. It was time to go for a fitting. Unfortunately, Oprah aired a show on bras and jeans, so I delayed my visit. (I dislike crowds.) There were three fitters at the store. Two of them appeared to have attitude, I selected Linda, kinder soul to do my fitting. You don’t want people you do not like getting personal with you, do you? I didn’t. Thankfully that choice made the experience more pleasant. Linda was effervescent, and announced my new band width. Wow, I dropped four inches. Now, do they have bras in my size? Surprisingly, Linda returned with several pretty options and they fit. (Several months ago I was told they didn’t carry my size.) I chose the pink one below. It was smooth, seamless and comfortable. I decided to wear it and my old bra was placed in the bag.


bra No more ugly, ill-fitting bras.


Comments:
ooooh pretty! It's down right amazing what an uplift can do for lifting up not only the sistas but also the mind! Good for you Nanc!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?