Wednesday, December 07, 2005

 
Mall Rat, NOT!

My car went in for service yesterday. Argh, I'm grounded!

Being in the suburbs, you need a car. The city, five miles away, takes about an hour by bus. Not that I go downtown anymore. It holds nothing for me. The sidewalks are empty after everyone leaves work for the day. My travels now take me from one town to the next. Things are spread out. No centralization. One mall is 10 minutes away another in the other direction is 20 minutes away by car. Taking a bus to get to either mall would drive me nuts. (no Pun intended)

Personally, I prefer small shops. They contain items as unique as their owners. Not this sameness that is found nationally in all the malls. The competition is immense for these shopkeepers, I admire their fortitude and courage.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?