Friday, December 30, 2005

 
Gone again

The bustle of activity this morning centered around my precious first born's and his guests departure. Loading the cars was the main order of business. Cats were scooped up and stuffed into separate carriers. Seph was not pleased and started crying right away. James seemed comforted that he was leaving our home. Each cat was placed in the front seat of their owners’ car. Oil and other fluids were checked and added as needed.

fully loaded caravan

It is comforting that he is caravanning with a grad student for the 326 mile trip. They are picking up three other students on the way, two in Springfield, MA and one in Saratoga, NY. I do not know how they are all going to fit as both cars seem fully loaded already.

I am grateful that I do not have to make that 14 hour roundtrip anymore. However I do miss the time to myself, sights in the Adirondacks, and the opportunity to make stops along the way. Seeing Canada in the distance made me want to cross the border. Adventure…. new places, new faces. Longing for a temporary change of scenery, but must settle for going to Town Hall to pay taxes.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?