Sunday, December 04, 2005

 
Cat and Mouse

Dark grey skies opened up and poured out white flakes. Does Lake (Ontario) effect snow reach Springfield? With a strong wind, yes, it does. Stopped for gas, the prices were changing, up four cents from Thursday... going up six more cents today. So much for the dropping prices, but the prices are still better than what's found in Connecticut. As we continue up 91 and onto the Mass Pike, the snow accumulation increases in the Berkshire Mountains. We stop to shop. Managed to cross off a few things the Christmas list.

Though the snow continues to fall the Turnpike and NY Thruway are clear, but wet from melted snow.
The phone rings. Thank heavens for speakerphone.
"Mom where are you?"
Quickly calculating..."I'll be there in about twenty minutes"

"Well, I'm getting on the bus and we are going to lunch, I'm not staying at the pool alone."
Damn, I don't have a detailed map of the area. "Ok, I'll call when I get to RPI."
Call two:
"Tell me where you are?"
"I don't know"

"Can you find a street sign?"
"I'm at .... and Hoosick. Near a Subway and Ted's Fish Fry. If you get to Price Chopper, turn around."
Call three:
"Where are you?"
"I'm on my way, I see Ted's."
"Oh, I see you now."
I collect my precious and we decide to have lunch down by the Hudson River.
At the restaurant, I request a window table. The river is a muddy brown, reminding me of the Mississippi without all the marine traffic.
Cross river view Up river viewTried to take some more pictures, but the batteries gave out and the fresh ones were sitting on the kitchen table.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?