Monday, December 19, 2005

 
The Big Day

Special occasions should be noted with good friends, family and good cheer. To celebrate I decide to try something new, well at least new to me.

My First Cosmo
First Cosmo


It was sweet and light. Perfectly pleasing. (Thanks to Ocean's pictures of them, I just had to try one.) Lunch was ok, a few errands were run, then a trip to the doctor for my middle son.

I had informed my husband that I wasn't making plans for dinner they were up to him. Yes, he made dinner. Yes, there was small ordinary cake out of a box, still in the foil pan, from the supermarket shelf. My gift from him was a 50% share in a $1.00 lottery ticket.

My eldest son was so thoughtful with his gift selection. "Mom you like chocolate and you like pretzels, so I hope you like the chocolate covered pretzels." I was so touched by his thoughtfulness and yes, I do like chocolate covered pretzels. The youngest two, don’t drive and didn’t have the opportunity to get a gift.

My spirits were dampened, so I left for the pool.

Comments:
Your birthday, right? Oh the joy of this age! All the best to you! You're such a generous person -- you deserve these thoughtgul gifts.

Cosmos with not enough lime can be too sweet, so if ever you get served one that is heavy on the orange triple sec and light on the citrus vodka or lime juice, ask for an extra squirt.
 
Nina,
Thanks for the Cosmo tip and birthday wishes.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?