Monday, November 28, 2005

 
Where are the Humans? Update on menu hell.

After my attempts of getting information online and by telephone, I actually had to make a trip to Department of Motor Vehicles. At was not lost, after spending 30 minutes in line I was able to save 37 cents on postage and scheduled my son's driving test for March 3, 2006. That was the first available appointment. I heard that the main office was already scheduling in April.

The same thing happened with pre-op registration for the hospital. They called, I called back and got voice instructions to leave my number and info and I would be called back. I made several attempts to get someone. I finally called back the after hours number and got a post-surgical nurse.
Woo Hoo! Finally, a human.

It is good to know that I am not alone in this frustration. Paul English was on NPR's Morning Edition on November 23 and there an article in the Boston Globe on him. He has complied a list of how to reach a human.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?